Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Late Nights and Early Mornings

  These two things do not go together well for me.  Last night, we visited a close friend of ours who was in the hospital.  Since the drive to the hospital is an hour there and an hour back, and we weren't able to leave until after football practice...it made for a late night.  I do not function well on very little sleep.  I have been dragging my feet today, which is not a great way to be when you teach Kindergarten.  My coworker asked me when I walked in to teach today if I was ok.  She said that my eyes were really red.  I'm not sure how other people do it.  I need my sleep.  I'm just sayin.

   The day DID have a silver lining.  It was when I saw Sawyer in the hall standing in line with his class.  As I passed, I gave him a peck on the check.  I kept walking, but saw him grin as I passed. 

Except....then, farther down the hall, I looked over my shoulder and caught him wiping it off.

No comments: