Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Green Egg Disaster

Today we celebrated the brilliant and wacky author, Dr. Seuss.  Tomorrow is his birthday, so we have read his books, watched one of his movies, created art, and made rhymes.  We have written stories, made illustrations and dressed up. Today, we read his book Green Eggs and Ham.  And to properly celebrate Dr. Seuss, you absolutely must eat some green eggs and ham!

The kindergarteners all gathered around me as I cracked open two dozen eggs.
Whisked them up.
Added green food coloring.
And poured them onto the hot griddle.

The kids were mesermerized.
I had them eating out of the palm of my hand.



Until.....

Something went wrong.

Horribly wrong.

Can you see the problem?



Look more closely.


I thought the kids were squealing with delight because the eggs were sizzling on the pan.

But no.  Oh, no.
I didn't realize that they were screaming because all the eggs were pouring straight onto the floor through the hole in the griddle.

I noticed it after half of the green eggs were already on the floor.

Oh, the horror!

Have you ever spilled an egg on the floor?
It's not very easy to clean up.

Try spilling over a dozen eggs that are dyed green on the floor.... while 18 kindergarteners watch.

And then try to regain control of the situation.

You should try it.

Just for kicks.


No comments: