Sunday, February 19, 2012

30 Areas in 30 Days Declutter Update

I started at the beginning of February with a goal to declutter my house.  My goal was to declutter one area each day so that in 30 days, my entire house would be decluttered.  You can read the original blog here.

This is a peek into my decluttering progress...


Due to the fact that I am in the middle of training for a half marathon, juggling two boys in basketball and one in baseball, maintaining a full time kindergarten teaching job, church, and feeding my kids healthy meals....I wasn't able to stick to the plan exactly.

But, I am not dismayed....nay....I am thrilled with my decluttering progress!

I think I have single handedly restocked our local thrift store with my recent donations. 
I have gotten rid of bunches of junk that has accumulated over the 7 years we have lived in our house.

Today, I was able to tackle two big areas because I was home with this sick little guy.....


Poor dude fell asleep in the middle of playing a computer game.

He slept for a couple of hours which freed me up to declutter.  Uninteruppted cleaning time is hard to come by, so I take what I can get.

The decluttering progress is slower than I hoped, but I am confident that when I finish, I will be able to maintain a simpler, tidy, more organized, less stressful household.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

At least you are doing it! I saw your original blog and thought "That's a great idea! I'm going to do that!" Still haven't made my list ~ :-(