Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Little Veterans' Day Soldiers

  Happy Veterans' Day!!!

Please read about some real heroes on my previous blog.


I discussed with my little Kindergarten cuties about what Veteran's Day is all about.  Children, in general, are excited to learn about real life soldiers and I am excited to teach them about real life heroes.

These are the cute little soldiers we made after we had our lesson.



(For the teachers looking at this post from Pinterest.....The body is made with beige construction paper.  I stacked up several pieces and just chopped them out free hand with scissors.  The kids used brown, green, and dark brown paint to make the camoflage any way they wanted.  The painting was done with a cotton swab.  The helmets and belt are cut from construction paper and glued on.)

 
We are excited to learn about our military and we are even more excited to celebrate the holiday at home on Friday! 

Yippee Skippee!

No comments: