Sunday, November 13, 2011

Shared Birthdays Were Best

Today would have been my PawPaw Curt's 88th birthday.  My 36th birthday is in 3 days.  Growing up, we always celebrated together.  We shared  34 birthdays together. We shared a birthday bond.  It was just another thing about my PawPaw that made him special to me.

First birthday.....


 2nd.....

 3rd......

4th birthday.....

5th.................

6th birthday.......

7th............

8th...........

9th.............

And when I turned 10, I started having big parties with my friends.  But that didn't stop my Paw-Paw from being a part of it.  He may not have been with me as the center of attention, but he was there.  In the shadows.

Nowadays, birthdays pass like most other days of the year. There isn't usually a cake or gifts. Most of the time, I have to do the math to even remember how old I am.  We don't do big parties anymore.  They just aren't as important when you are a Mom.  And PawPaw Curt isn't here to celebrate with me anymore. 

The birthdays shared with him were better.

I miss him.

No comments: