Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Can Eat All The Cake I Want....It's My Birthday!

  Before 7am, I had already been wished a Happy Birthday by six people and had enjoyed a sleepy Happy Birthday rendition over the phone by my sweet parents.....and I hadn't even left the house yet. 

  When I arrived at school, I was greeted with several birthday cards and some adorable happy birthday wishes from my kindergarten cuties.

  By 8:30, I had a my favorite cake delivered to my classroom that my Mom had made for me.  Mom and Daddy delivered it themselves to my classroom so that I could enjoy it anytime during the day that I wanted.  It was such a sweet surprise.


 At 10 am, I went to the lunchroom with my class and was rewarded by my precious coworkers with the dreamiest chocolate and caramel cake you could imagine.  I lapped it up for dessert and had to refrain from licking the plate. 

This homemade cake makes even a school lunchroom seem like a fine dining experience.

I somehow managed to ignore the chocolate cake from my Mom sitting on my desk in my classroom for most of the rest of the day.

Until about 2:00. 

My class had laid down on their mats for a quick rest time.  The lights were off.  Music was playing softly.  The cake was calling me like a siren singing her love song.

I cut into the cake and the chocolate oozed out of the center. 


For the second time in a day, I was eating a piece of chocolate cake. 

After my second chocolate fix, I was satisfied and high on sugar.

The boys and I headed home and tackled homework. 

With homework complete, the little boys decided they wanted to paint a picture for me for my birthday gift.

They set up the paints and got canvanses and started to create my birthday surprise.


They put a lot of thought and time into creating these paintings.  Saywer's painting is of "The Badlands", which is one of our favorite National Parks.  Carter painted a jungle, which he hopes to visit someday as a family.  They both wanted to paint something from nature, because they know how much I love it.

I sat in my favorite, overstuffed chair and admired their art.

  It was the perfect opportunity to prop my feet up and.....

Have some more cake.

1 comment:

jniathome said...

You deserve to eat your cake. What a wonderful way to spend your day!
Cake!
Love that your parents came to your room for your special day. You are so blessed!