Friday, September 9, 2011

My Most Exquisite Boots

    I have never been a "shoe person", as some chicks are called. It's easy to understand why when you see my feet.  I have honkin' big feet.  I wear a size 11.  I have man feet...not that I am super feminine anyway.  I struggle to know the right way to put on make-up and I require a very simple hair-do, because I just can't figure it all out.  But, I digress.  Shoes.

  I have a hard time finding big shoes that fit my big feet.  Actually, I can find size 11's all the time.  They just look like Granny shoes.  I guess people with big feet are suppose to have a really bad sense of style.  Actually, that theory may have some merit to it, because I don't really have a great sense of style and I have big feet.  I shop at thrift stores, consignment shops, and discount stores, so I guess you couldn't really describe me as "stylish".  But I try....kind-of. 

   So usually,  I just wear whatever shoes I happen to come across.  I don't really put much effort into looking for cute shoes.  I figure that nothing is really cute when it comes in a size 11.  That is a big 'ole shoe. 

  But yesterday, my sister-in-law, who is the most amazing deal finder ever, gave me a tip on some boots.  She had spied these lovely boots at a discount store in a nearby town.  The store is named "Hammer's".  Who would think to look for amazing shoes in a store called Hammer's unless you just knew that the store was known for awesome deals?  Anyway, my Sister-in-law, came across these boots and sadly for her, they were size 11's.  Fortunately for me, Big Foot, they were just my size!  I was going to watch Tucker play football nearby anyway, so I decided to go check out these boots.

   I walked to the back of the store and lifted the lid off a box that was shaped like a boot box.  I think I heard angels singing when the lid came off.  They were fabulous!  I would feel sexy in those boots!  I tried them on.  They fit perfectly!  And they made my foot look smaller....like a size 9 1/2, at least!  My feet looked tiny!  I had to get them!  I am now the owner of the most exquiste, Italian leather boots ever to be created in a size 11.  These are my beautiful new boots.  Admire them and weep.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I know just how you feel. Size 11's are hard to find. Sadly, my mom wears a 12 and that is even harder!