Saturday, September 17, 2011

Unearthed Treasures

 If life had a rewind button, I can't think of many times that I would press it.  A few, but not too many.  Perhaps the time that I backed into the pole at TCBY.  Maybe I would press rewind just after I topped the hill and spotted the policeman when I was speeding.  I might would press it moments after I used my credit card for the first time.  I wouldn't change very many things about my life or my past.  Most things work out for the better in the long run.  I know for sure, that if I had a "do over" that I would go back and write more when the boys were smaller.  Unfortunately, life doesn't come with a remote control.  There is no rewind, pause, or fast forward button.  There is only play.  So, we are left to do the best we can from this point forward.  So, I write.  I wish I could remember everything from the boys toddler years, but I can't.  Finding these photos brought back some fun memories and are some of my most favorite pictures. 


Tucker learned to swim very early.  The summer he was 2, he swam like a fish.  I remember going to the pool and he would jump into the deep end totally fearlessly.  There were several attemped rescues for him, until people realized that he could swim. 


Everytime I see this little pouty face, I have to smile.  Carter was cold, even though it was like 100 degrees, and wanted to go back to the camper.  No one else was ready to leave the beach, so he sat.  And pouted.  And looked cute.


Bzzzzzz......I couldn't figure out what in the world the sound was.  I went to take a peek, turned the corner, and found Sawyer like this.  Brushing his teeth, buck naked, wearing Tucker's shoes.....on the wrong feet.


As a toddler, Carter would pitch a hissy fit wanting a lemon.  He also loved pickles.  He made this face every time.



 Sawyer had been standing in the surf, talking and playing.  I wanted to take his photo with the ocean in the background. Just as I was about to snap...he looked down.  Something about the surf going back into the ocean threw off his balance. He froze that way for a moment, trying to recover. I  feel guilty chuckling at my kids in distress, but this has always cracked me up.


This is one of those moments that is permanently etched into my brain.  This is the first time Tucker brought me flowers.  They were pulled from the flower bed, but his heart was in the right place.  To this day, it's my favorite bouquet ever.


No comments: