Friday, October 14, 2011

I Really Didn't Want To Hear That

  There are some things as a Mom, that you just would rather not hear your children say.  Over the last 24 hours, I have heard some of those things. Nothing life shattering.  Just things that don't warrant a smile. The things that make you do a huff.  Or perhaps a sigh.

1. I am out of lunch money... again.


2. I did bad on the test.


3. I need more school supplies.


4. He hit me.


5. I feel like I am going to throw up.


Although I didn't really want to hear these things today, I have heard worse.  These things I heard were better than....

I owe money in the lunchroom.

I failed a test.

Here is a whole list of school supplies I need.

He is bleeding.

I just threw up all over the floor.


So, it can always be worse.

Each time the boys come to report something to me, I am always hopeful that what they say will bring joy to me.  Like, "Look, Mom!  I picked you some flowers!"  or "Hey, guess what?  I made a perfect score on all my tests this week!" But much of the time, what they say brings a huff or a sigh.  But that's real life.  Life is a good mixture of  both smiles and huffs.