Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chicken Bacon Ranch.....The Best Sliders Yet!

  A couple of weeks ago, my sister-in-law sent me a link to a sliders recipe.  The gang at my house fell in love with the whole idea of a "slider".  The little guys at my house liked the fact that the sandwiches are made on a little roll and are just the right size for them.  The rest of us love that the sliders are mouth wateringly delicious.
 
 The original was the Big Fat Bacon Slider, which is basically a golfball sized ground beef patty seasoned with whatever you have.  I used chili pepper, hot sauce, and BBQ sauce.  Then, the patty is wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven.  When the meat is done, it is put onto a toasted Hawaiian Wheat Roll and topped with provolone cheese.  Yummylicious!

Since then, we have tried a BBQ Bacon Cheddar slider, too.  This one was equally delicious.  Possibly even more so.

But the BEST one, was the one we had for dinner last night.


Oh....

My....

Stars.....

They were so deeeelish!

I have to give Bradley some credit, because he came up with the idea.  But I get all the accolades because I am the one who actually cooked them.  So, if you love them, then thank me.  If you hate the idea, then it's Bradley's fault.
I didn't realize they would be so yummy, or I would have taken pictures of all the steps.  I am certainly a visual person when it comes to recipes, but maybe you can manage just fine with a quick description.

You need to start with chicken breast meat or chicken tender strips.  I bought a tray of chicken tenders because that is what was on sale.  Cut the chicken tenders in half.  Or if using breasts, just cut 'em up.

The main yumminess of these sliders is with the magic ranch dressing.  I have used this dressing for a long time while trying to keep my weight in check.  I think plain Fat Free Ranch kind of tastes plain, so I spice mine up.  I use it on salads and sandwiches, too.

For the Magic Ranch dressing, start with these ingredients....
Get a little bowl and squirt out some Ranch. I used almost a half a bottle.  Then, pour in a little salsa.  A couple of tablespoons, maybe.  I didn't measure this stuff, I just poured it until it looked good.  Then shake in some Chili powder, red pepper, and a little cumin.  Go easiest on the cumin.  I just shake and stir until it looks reddish.  It's not an exact science by any means.

Put the chicken pieces in some sort of baking dish.  Drizzle some of this yummy dressing on until it is coated good.  Save a little to garnish the sliders with.  Bake the meat until the chicken is white.  I have no idea how long I cooked mine.  The oven was on 375 and I baked it for maybe 30 minutes? Who knows, really.  I had a lot going on at the same time. 

When the chicken is near ready, cook up some bacon.  I cooked mine in the microwave on one of those "Makin Bacon" trays, so that it doesn't soak up the bacon fat.  You can cook yours however you want.

When the chicken is close to cooked, you need to toast the Hawaiian Wheat Rolls. I cut the Hawaiian rolls in half and drizzled each one with a tad of Olive Oil before toasting them.

When the rolls are nice and toasty, take them out and create your little heavenly sandwiches. 

Build it like this....


Toasty Roll on bottom
Piece of Ranch Chicken
Bacon
Provolone Cheese
Some Magic Ranch Dressing that has been warmed up
Top of Toasty Roll

When you take your first bite, you will hear an angel choir singing.

No comments: