Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Simplest, Yummiest, Most Fun Cookies Ever

 Ok, so the title may a tad misleading.  Perhaps, they are not the yummiest ever, but they are quite tasty. 


Before I start with the cookies, let me say this.  I am not a culinary chef.  I am not a food photographer.  I am a Mom.  A busy Mom, who still likes to cook.  My sister-in-law, Amanda, sent me a link to this little idea. Lately, she has been the inspiration to many of my cooking ideas. I thought these cookies would be perfect to make at half-time of the Auburn game.  They were. We loved them!

When I saw the original link, I didn't even read the recipe.  I just looked at the photos of the steps she had added.  I am a visual learner for sure.  So, I thought I would do the same. 

 Here is how you make the simplest, yummiest, most fun cookies ever.

Buy different kinds of rolls of cookie dough.

Slice it thick.



Cut each slice into fourths. 


Put the each piece into a mini muffin pan that is greased to the max.  Off brand non-stick cooking spray works fine, but don't miss any parts.  I missed a couple of the sides and it made them hard to dig out.


Bake them.  I baked mine at 350 for about 12 minutes, I think.  I never read that part on the original recipe, so I just guessed. 

While they are baking, get some different kinds of candies ready.  These will go into the cookies.


As soon as they come out of the oven, call the workforce in.  That would be the boys at my house. 
Start poking different kinds of candies into the still warm cookies.  Try different candies with different dough.


Let them cool a little bit before you try to take them out.  The waiting is the hardest part.  I couldn't wait very long.


Put them on a plate and let the vultures come down onto them.

 

 My personal favorite was the chocolate chip dough cookie with the Milky Way candy.  Chocolate and caramel.  Yummy!

Bradley preferred the chocolate chip with the peanut butter cup center.

All 3 boys liked the plain Hershey's kisses in both the sugar cookie and the chocolate chip cookie.

Next time, we are going to try peanut butter cookie dough. I am salivating already.





No comments: