Wednesday, October 19, 2011

All That Mushy Stuff

I was listening to my Ipod yesterday when I went out for my afternoon jog.  I had the Ipod set on "shuffle".  I have everything from Disney songs, to country to hard rock to classical on my Ipod.  I never know what will pop up when I run.
Just as I was finishing up my first mile, the song "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain came up on the playlist.  I was not yet incoherent from the lack of oxygen, so my mind focused on the lyrics. I remembered our wedding day and how I was so, so young, but totally in love. As I listened to the lyrics of the song, I swear to you, I could see a slideshow of images run across my brain.   

It went kinda like this.....


Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday



They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong


You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life


You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night



Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'



They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on

We're still together still going strong
You're still the one.
 

  Typically during my jogs, I don't get all lovey dovey.  But during this particular jog, with the slideshow playing in my brain and the song playing in my earbuds, I did.  Sometimes, you just have to get mushy and appreciate what you have.  It was my day for mushy stuff.

2 comments:

Jamie Scott said...

I Swear I see different moments of yours and Bradleys marriage EVERYTIME I hear that song!!! And it ALWAYS makes me tear up- I only just heard it and got all choked up just last week. No song could be more perfect for you two!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Rocco Ford said...

Thanks for pposting this