Saturday, October 1, 2011

Indentity Crisis

Our identity has been stolen.

Again.


This is Tucker years ago.  He wasn't too happy about having his identity stolen either.


Within the last year, our debit card number was stolen and the thief went on an overnight New York spending spree before I caught it the next morning.  He used it to make a down payment on an overseas vacation.  Withdrew money from an ATM.  And even made a donation in my honor to The United Way. 

How nice.  A benevolent crook.

This morning, I got up and checked all my regular sites.  Facebook. Blogspot.  My bank account. 

And there it was again.

A thief had struck again.  Luckily, this time.  The spending spree had just begun.  The card was used only twice.  Again in New York.  This time at two Metro Stations. 

 Before I got to the bank to cancel it, the bank's "Risk Department" had picked up on the suspicious activity.  He had apparently tried to use the card on a larger purchase.  Too bad for the rotten crook, he picked a school teacher and an electrician to mess with.  We aren't known to have extra cash floating around in our account.  And we watch it like a hawk.

I don't know about you, but even a couple of hundred bucks can cause a crisis at our house. 

No comments: