Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Will You Sign My......Sock?

Tonight, as Bradley walked in the door from work, Carter ran excited to him screaming.
"Dad, will you sign my cast?"

"What!?  What cast?"

Then, Carter thrust his arm toward Bradley and he sees that his cast is only a sock on his arm.

Carter had been pretending that he had broken his arm while playing football.


Like any good Daddy would, Bradley happily signed Carter's cast...er...sock.


Actually, we all did. 
Even the preteen friend that Tucker had with him today after school.  We all signed the sock.


So far, we haven't had any real broken bones.  We haven't had any stitches.  We haven't had any major injuries requiring surgery.  We have been basically injury free, with the exception of fairly minor scrapes and sprains.  I hope it stays that way, but with 3 boys who are very active, a real cast may be in our future one day.

I am much happier just signing a sock.

1 comment:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Your stories are the best! I LOVE that you all played along and signed the sock. I used to want a cast as a kid too. Also, crutches.